Thursday, December 11, 2008

Illinois Governor Indicted for Corruption

That's the DEMOCRAT Illinois Governor. Just in case you didn't notice the MSM's failure to make that a priority.

But before I begin, I'm sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but I was working a six til two shift (that's p.m. to a.m.) and if you factor in the hour-long walk home (plus only getting about five hours sleep to begin with) I wasn't really in the mood to blog at three in the morning.
But since I'm at it now at three in the morning...not a very good excuse now is it. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So Illinois Governor, Rod Blagojevich has been arrested for allegedly attempting to sell the senate seat left vacant by Barrack Obama.
Other sources here,
If that isn't bad enough, Blagojevich was allegedly recorded as saying,
"I’ve got this thing and it’s [expletive] golden. And I’m just not giving it up for [expletive] nothing. I’m not going to do it. And I can always use it. I can parachute me there."
That last sentence referring to Blagojevich possibly appointing himself. The story also says the federal affidavit also claims that Blagojevich In several possible situations, the affidavit says,
"Mr. Blagojevich seemed to refer to plans already under way to make money or win a job (for him or his wife, Patti) in exchange for a particular Senate selection, raising the specter that there might be others, including some of the Senate candidates, who were participating or at least considering participating in such deals."
Wanted cash?
This is big, folks.

This most definitely involves the President-Elect. If not directly, then indirectly as the question remains-what did Obama know?
He of course denies any involvement and/or knowledge of this scandal saying,
"I had no contact with the governor or his office and so I was not aware of what was happening, "It’s a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that, I don’t think it’s appropriate to comment."



Not appropriate to comment? If he won't even put his two cents in on this one, what will he get involved with? I mean, what, is it above his paygrade? Afterall, he is a major player in this. Perhaps not "involved" (which at this point, I do not believe he is) but to not even comment on it? Not good.
To be fair, he could have just been saying "we," meaning his "office," and it is an ongoing investigation, so he can't get that deep into it, but to not even give his opinion on the matter (I mean other than some soundbite) is kind of suspect.


In spite of the fact that he may have slipped up when he started to say "We were not aware of what was happening," before correcting himself, his senior adviser and campaign manager, David Axelrod said back on November 23,
"I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."
He's since then flipped on that comment, as well as having yet another Obama aid speaking for the both of them.
"I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the President-elect has spoken directly to Governor Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject."

Obama has rightfully called for Blagojevich
's resignation, as has the Illinois attorney general.
But he's not going quietly.

Just case you're wondering who "Senate Candidate #5" is, it's ta-da, Jesse Jackson, Jr.
He denies any wrong doing. Apparently, he's not a suspect in the scandal.

How far will this go?

In a related thought, how are the media reporting this? Well for starters, they didn't think you should know he's a Democrat.
As opposed to...
And most news outlets haven't even questioned Obama's relationship with Blagojevich, as usual.

This is Chicago machine politics in action, people. Not to mention the MSM's non-role in it.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's all this talk about calling for Blagojevich to "resign?" ... "throw him in prison" sounds a lot more fitting

it gives me chills to see how calm and collected he continues to act

1:17 am  
Blogger Northern Exposer said...

Oh he's going down alright, and it will be interesting to see who he takes with him when he flips to avoid either a stiff sentence or jail time altogether.

Some are saying that he can appoint himself to Congress to avoid impeachment. Aren't we a little beyond that now, legally speaking?

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {