Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Camille Paglia and Obama's Early Stumbles

I said to myself, I wouldn't post about any little negative thing about President-Elect Obama, at least until he took office and really gave me some ammunition. But I had written about this very thing, so I thought that I'd just remind y'all about how this man is not a God and he will make mistakes and poor decisions (again)
That being said, like President Bush, I'll try and be classy (I think I mostly have been) and give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being. He has ticked off enough of the kooky left already with some of his administration picks without me doing it .

As for Paglia's assumption that "his occasional hesitations on the road were stitched together to make him sound like a stuttering Bugs Bunny," that "came from stunt tapes broadcast on conservative talk radio," is completely bogus. Check out some YouTube clips on this. Although they might be edited, I don't see it. That stumbling is what he does sometimes when he is off teleprompter, or off script. That's a fact. Paglia's defense is quite simply liberal sour grapes that he may just be on the same footing at times as the "idiot" President Bush.

Although this just more praise for the perfect specimen that is Obama and a lot of hypocrisy therein ("who wouldn't misspeak from fatigue on the long, brutal national campaign trail?" except Bush, because he's an idiot) and typical liberal intolerance ("I wish to present an observation, of sorts, from an evil conservative view") she does speak the truth, even though she masquerades it as "an observation, of sorts," from Hell's Gates, apparently.
I mean anyone who calls Nancy Pelosi "nimble" and "
a master of the ladylike stiletto thrust" is obviuosly a BDS sufferer.
However, she also accurately describes Weasel Harry as a "cadaverous horse's ass of mammoth proportions. How in the world did that whiny, sniveling incompetent end up as Senate majority leader?"

And she defends Sarah Palin's unfair and disgusting dismantling by the MSM, especially Katie Couric, of whom she says, " of all the innumerable print and broadcast journalists who have interviewed me in the U.S. and abroad since I arrived on the scene nearly 20 years ago, Katie Couric was definitively the stupidest. As a guest on NBC's "Today" show during my 1992 book tour, I was astounded by Couric's small, humorless, agenda-ridden mind, still registered in that pinched, tinny monotone that makes me rush across the room to change stations whenever her banal mini-editorials blare out at 5 p.m. on the CBS radio network. And of course I would never spoil my dinner by tuning into Couric's TV evening news show. That sallow, wizened, drum-tight, cosmetic mummification look is not an appetite enhancer outside of Manhattan or L.A. There's many a moose in Alaska with greater charm and pizazz."

So except for the usual, run-of-the-mill, ignorant conservative-bashing that is to be expected from this site, I kind of overall have to say good for Miss Paglia on this one.
Oh, and on her take of the "Fascist Doctrine," and the "media-trumpeted predictions about a world epidemic of heterosexual AIDS," as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Hey N.E., I really liked what she said about Palin/Couric. Her description of Couric made me laugh. We need more people to question the big shots in the MSM as honestly as Paglia seems to. I know we're trying! It's definitely a hard fight.

6:16 pm  
Blogger Northern Exposer said...

Here, here.

11:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {