Thursday, April 07, 2011

GOP Lawyer Drafts Obama Impeachment

Now I'm most definitely no constitutional lawyer or scholar, but Bruce Fein, a former Reagan administration official in the Department of Justice, may have some legitimate charges against the president, but I highly doubt his "kinetic military action" warrants any kind of high crime and misdemeanor or impeachment.

But that having been said, it is interesting that Vice-President Joe Biden hasn't lead the charge for impeachment after having said, "I want to make it clear, and I’ll make it clear to the President: that if he takes this nation to war in Iran, without Congressional approval, I will make it my business to impeach him."

And that "Iran is not an immediate threat to the United States," business at the end is a bit loony.

Grandstanding and tough talk without real intent will come back to haunt you in this game.
But not for Obama.

But moreover, Fein isn't a member of the U.S. Congress. Does he even have authority to draw up articles of impeachment against the President of the United States? Color me ignorant on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {