Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years On

I can't believe it's been 10 years since that beautiful, yet horrific day in early September, 2001. I can still see the towers coming down, thousands upon thousands of pieces of paper floating through the air, the radio chatter of police and firefighters combined with the screams and fear of New Yorkers, the smoking Pentagon and the press trying to answer unanswerable questions.

Lots of stories today. Remember the victims, their stories, as well as the survivors and the pure evil that still permeates today that must be eradicated. Never forget.

LIVE: Thousands of names read at 9/11 ceremony in N.Y

Gander, N.L. praised as Canadians remember 9-11

World remembers horrors of 9/11

September 11: US falls silent to mark 10th anniversary of 9/11


ABC: 9/11: Ten Years Later

Obama thanks Canada for 9/11 role in letter



Also, being the 10th anniversay of 9/11 I though I'd re-post a video I found in 2006. I also contacted the creator with my hopes of him winning an award. He informed me that the video was made a year after 9/11, so his chances were small. It's a very touching, very poignant animated video of a little girl who lost her father at the World Trade Center. I think today is the perfect day for its reemergence.



I dare you to try and watch this without tearing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {