Friday, April 17, 2009

Democrat Congresswoman Assails Tea Parties

Of course. And with it the inaccurate, but continually repeated line of "95% of Americans will receive tax cuts." Again, the total "95% of Americans" don't pay taxes, due to unemployment, disabilities, or just general tax loopholes.

Calling the estimated 250, 000 Americans who are standing up for their beliefs, morals and principles across the country "despicable" and "shameful" is in itself disgusting. Assuming that these people actually got their singles crossed or have been given false information (like the aforementioned 95% of Americans will get a tax cut) how can a politician call these people "disgusting" when they are standing up for not only their first amendment rights, but also their right to dissent.

I noticed none of these Democrat Obama shills were too worried about groups like Code Pink interrupting Republican speeches or hearings. Only when conservatives and/or Reublicans excorcise their right of free speech, it's unAmerican or unpatriotic. After all, it's "patriotic to pay more taxes," remember? That, and anytime a conservative speaks (when not being shouted down) it's okay to deride them, because it's only "right-wing hate speech." It's not conviction, it's not patriotic dissent-no, it's plain ol' Republican hate speech. It's also "common knowledge" that "everybody knows."

And what's with this sudden awareness/anger of FOX News being the ring-leader in all this? I don't recall anybody being all that concerned about MSNBC leading the charge to get Obama elected. I didn't see anybody throwing a fit when CBS's Harry Smith was proudly leading the chants of "Obama!" on the day of the election on the Early Show. But now that there's a conservative movement to which a quarter of a million people (and that's just the ones that went public) exorcise their rights as Americans, the left wants to shut them down with lame excuses and "phony outrage."

Shocking, huh?

Meanwhile...

So once again, it's a battle of the wills, not to mention rhetoric. This time (and at least the MSM is acknowledging it publicly this time) Republicans have a vast amount of public support on their side. Although just when the Republicans seem to have momentum on their side, some governor has to go and do this.

"Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that."

What a buffoon. Why would he even contemplate saying anything remotely as foolish as that? Did the Alamo or the Civil War teach this man nothing? Or perhaps he attended a liberal public school where they don't actually teach real history.

In any event, the "Tea Parties" are making waves.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Great post, N.E. I attended my local tea party because I couldn't make it to the big one in Dallas. Lots of normal, everyday people with jobs and kids who just want lower taxes and less government. I'm truly shocked at the Democrats' reaction to this and their childish, outright vulgar descriptions of people who attended the tea parties as "tea bagging." WTF? Can you believe they're all using that word so much that it's become part of their journalistic lexicon?

About what Perry said, yeah, I can see how people outside of Texas would be offended at that. I agree it's a little buffoonish to say when you have the national spotlight on you. I grew up here and to be honest we say that all the time in a joking way. It's a point of pride that we were once a Republic and anytime we feel frustrated with federal govt we always make jokes about seceding, although no one actually believes we should. Since he was at a Texas tea party surrounded by a boistrous Texas crowd I think he just got caught up in the moment. But yeah, probably not good in the national sense.

I watch NHL hockey and see a lot of games from the Canadian broadcasts. Their commercials, athletes, coaches, tv analysts, etc. indicate to me that Canadians have a lot of pride in their country. I really, really, respect that and love it when people have pride for where they're from. Do you agree or am I totally off base? ;) I feel that way about Texas. I wouldn't want to secede but it doesn't take away my pride either. Just some thoughts.

11:13 am  
Blogger Northern Exposer said...

Yes, it is true that we Canadians love and are proud of our country's history and accomplishments (especially in hockey and war) it's just that some (or I fear even most) are proud about the wrong things. For instance a lot of Canadians think Canadian soldiers are just "peacekeepers," clearly not aware of our parts in WWI, WWII, Korea, the Gulf War and Afghanistan (our parliament voted down helping out in Iraq, the weasels)and although Canada was not officially in Vietnam, did you know that roughly 50, 000 Canadian patriots joined the U.S. Army to go and fight? It's true. And much like America, in most of our history, conservatives have ruled the roost. And also like the U.S, I still believe that this country is center-right.

So yeah, I understand your loyalty and pride. But Perry was kind of foolish to state that publicly.

And most people are probably not aware that the term "tea-bagging" is a sexual reference. But like you said, it's disgusting when that term has become a part of the MSM's journalistic lexicon.

BTW, I take it you're a Stars fan?

11:51 am  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That's so interesting about Canada's pride and their perception of Canadian soldiers. I didn't know that about Vietnam. That's just fascinating to me. Thanks for letting me know about some history. I agree that Perry was being foolish. You just can't say those things on a national stage.

Please don't hate me but I'm a Philadelphia Flyers fan. I do love the Stars and Mike Modano, too. I've been to several Stars games. My all time favorite player is Daniel Briere.

1:04 pm  
Blogger Northern Exposer said...

Why would I hate you for being a Flyers fan? :) I don't mind Philly. Afterall, Dale Hawerchuck played his last games there.

Now if you were a Leafs or Oilers fan, then we'd have problems. I'm originally from Winnipeg, so I was a HUGE Jets fan. God, I miss them. My favorites would have to be Hawerchuck and Teemu Selanne.

Briere huh? Good choice. But you're not going back very far for your all-time fave. He played for Phoenix, who are the ex-Jets, so all is well.

3:30 pm  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Whew, well that's a relief. :) I guess I didn't go back very far huh? Well I've only seen the modern-era games since I'm 28 but always loved Briere. He was a Flyers-killer in Buffalo. I was so happy when he signed with us.

I like Teemu Selanne also. My husband has one of his sticks and is a big fan, too. Good luck in the playoffs! :)

5:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {