Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Last Straw

I've had enough. I can't understand why President Bush is so adamant about this amnesty bill of his. I mean, when I learned that he was cutting a deal with Congressional democrats, especially with Ted *hic* Kennedy, probably the most liberal of liberals, I thought he might have started drinking again. You do realize that over half of Congress not only doesn't know what's in this fiasco the Bush/Kennedy alliance (I still can't believe I actually have to put those words together) but about 2/3 of them haven't even bother to read it. Then again, would you bother to read something that resembles a phone book?

I, along with half of America, let out a sigh of relief when it was voted down the first time, with both Republicans and Democrats. But now as I read the headlines this morning, it has found a second life. I honestly didn't think we would see another incarnation of this thing. Give the President credit, when he sets his sights on something he wants, he just won't let go.
But with this being just so wrong for the future of the country, heck for the continent in so many ways, I just can no longer (other than the War on Terror) defend this man's actions any longer. Come to think of it, other than the fight against Islamo-fascism, I don't think I have.

Let's see: the Dubai/UAE ports debacle-stupid.
Harriet Myers-nominating someone for the Supreme Court with absolutely no experience as a judge-WTF?
Listening to Rumsfeld (who I still like) and not putting enough troops into Iraq to begin with-D'OH!
Disbanding the Iraqi army-not to prudent (to steal a line from 41)
Falling in line with the global whining hysteria crowd-political points (if any)
Not getting on TV each and every week to talk to the American people about the many progresses being made in the war, and for that matter, not asking Americans to sacrifice for it's effort. Also, why don't conservatives get together and buy a movie studio to counter the liberal crap and lies coming out of Hollyweird for the last 40 years?
Now this.
By the way, if you think I'm going to condemn him for the Alberto Gonzales/attorney general firings...forget it, it's been much ado about nothing from the beginning. Again, look at Clinton/Reno before you start casting stones. Moreover, if you think for one nano-second that I believe a democrat in the White House would ease my fears and/or tensions on these subjects and others, get your head checked. So don't start declaring ideological victory.

A vote on Thursday, then a Senate and House debate, amendments, another vote and although it probably will be unrecognizable as it stands today, it's still amnesty.
Come to America, break the law and get rewarded for it.

But for those of you that will undoubtedly be shocked by these statements, he still has done good things (i.e. progress in Iraq, the economy (every other day it seems I hear the Dow Jones at an all-time high, raising the success of black small business owners-the highest of any pesident by the way, etc, etc. Go ahead and chuckle, it's true) despite this bill, he does stand by his convictions on what he believes is right. So don't go thinking I'm all of a sudden "anti-Bush". I may no longer defend him on everything, but I still support him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {