Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The Real Legacy of Helen Thomas

Despite all the plumage and ring-kissing the hard left is doing to send off their anti-Semitic, out-of-touch, biased "legend" they call Helen Thomas, her real legacy won't be that of a trail-blazer or hero of little girls everywhere; it will be one of hatred (in her own words-“I censored myself for 50 years....Now I wake up and ask myself, 'Who do I hate today?") and amazingly ugly, insulting and ultimately irrelevant "questions" which were always framed with the preconceived narrative of "blame America." Does anyone remember her "Thank God for Hezbollah for driving Israel out of Lebanon," and that "Israel is the cause for 99 percent of all this terrorism," quote? That's why the far-left loves her, as irrelevent as she has been, she spoke for them. I wouldn't doubt if Code Pink wasn't measuring her for an outfit this very moment.

Brent Bozell has a nice little send-off of his own. I would think it's a tad more accurate about her career and vision of the world.

How this woman managed to hold on to her position in the White House Press Corps, much less any type of staff job with any publication for so long is beyond me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {