Friday, May 18, 2007

Amnesty!

No matter what you want to call it, that's what it is. I can't defend the president on this one. Apparently he just didn't want any more political heat. I guess he finally got his second term accomplishment. Giuliani and McCain defend it and this will be the end of their presidential drive. Mitt Romney and most level-headed conservatives oppose it and I'm with them.

For starters, this will simply entice more illegals to, if you'll pardon the Taco Bell pun, make a run for the border. It's simply a natural occurrence to want to get to the bank before it closes, if you follow me. Believe me there will be a massive rush to get inside the country and be rewarded for breaking the law along with the rest of the 12 million other illegals. If you think for one second this is going to all of a sudden halt wannabe Americans from crossing the southern border, you're fooling yourself. I guess Geraldo and his bleeding heart-types have won. Jerry Rivers himself claims to have been on the southern border for three months and says "not one" illegal came over the border while he was there, because he was "looking for them." Yeah, just like how he was looking for insurgents in Iraq when a sniper "took a shot at him." Go back to Capone's vault and look for your brain, Jerry.

To be fair, I haven't got all the details yet, so you may say I'm jumping the gun, but I think I have all I need to know. Ok, so the head of the households of these families (if they have one) have to go back to wherever their from (mostly Mexico, but not all) and have to pay a $5,000 fine. That may be a substantial amount to pay for most, but is this whole Congressional plan fair to the thousands upon thousands of people clamoring to get in to the country who have done it the right and legal way? Of course not. Somehow, taxpayers are going to end up paying for these fines anyway.

As for border security, this will do absolutely nothing. The fence is at about 1800 miles right now (you may correct me if I'm wrong and I probably am) and this will just put more kinks into it because the Democrats will want to cut that in half claiming it is no longer needed and will do everything to stymie and more being built. Switch to manpower patrolling the border and there simply isn't enough boots on the ground, nor will there be, because Congress-and everybody involved-simply don't care to reinforce security at the border(s). Carter had no clue about it, Reagan didn't, Bush 41 didn't, Clinton didn't and Dubya obviously doesn't.

Lou Dobbs is proving to be a prophet with his chastising of not only this proposal, but Bush's whole immigration policy. However, I still adamently disagree with his opinion on the whole "North American union" thing. That will never happen. The American people and economy simply won't allow it.

The illegals will also continue to recieve all the rights and privaleges of native-born Americans, includong the medi-care, unemployment benefits and the RIGHT TO VOTE AND SUE!

By the way, if Ted *hic* Kennedy is all for this thing, the most liberal democrat going, what does that tell you?

I have to look at this thing some more...to be continued.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did you actually say something bad about the President and a republican? I need to see if the moon is blue tonight.

7:28 pm  
Blogger Northern Exposer said...

Yeah, like I have in the past as well. Like I just mentioned in comment to yours you just left, I call them as I see them. You may also have noticed in my "Clinton Chronicles" post, I even defended Willy. I realize those are few and far bet...well, never; but I did it didn't I. Will you ever defend a Republican or a conservative when it's staring you in the face?

12:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {