Saturday, February 02, 2008

Ann, Lay Off Canada

Before anyone starts chuckling and declaring victory, spouting, "See another conservative blogger is abandoning Ann Coulter" let me be perfectly clear; I still really the woman (or perhaps she would prefer that I call her a "chick")

I think she is correct in her statements (the wilder the better-especially the ones that make lefties froth at the mouth, that's what tells me she is correct)

Plus, I find her utterly hilarious. By the way, am I the only one that got her Isiah Washington/John Edwards joke? I mean, get a grip people. I'm willing to bet that it was the homosexuals that were laughing the loudest.

I just wish she would tone down her opinions on Canada. Not that she isn't free to do so (see, even though I disagree with her-although she may be right on more than even I want to admit- I wouldn't want her to be forced to stop-that just wouldn't be Ann. That's what real free speech is about you fascist, lefty ignoramuses)

So, I'll just, in my own little way (and in the way I feel she would do it) inform her on a few things, because in her latest book, If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, in the chapter entitled, "Foreigners, or the Non-Soap Oriented" (p. 168-171) she states,

"Better shape up Canada! At this point, we're only keeping you around for the beer."

Look, I know it's only levity (I think) but, "keeping us around?"
I believe America gets most of its oil from Canada, so that alone dictates that we sustain you-ZING!

She predicates that in the same passage with,
"Maybe foreigners aren't so bad as long as Bush is president. Canadians, for example, are either great or awful, and at the outset of the War on Terror, the balance was swinging periously close to awful."
Although she is technically correct, my only beef is that she should have informed her readers that there are indeed Canadians that support the war who are conservative-minded that don't watch the Communist Broadcasting Corperation.

Here's a little list of accomplishments that I'm sure Ann knows about, but like most Americans, doesn't want leaked, lest their punching bag to the north seem a little less docile:

-On 9/11 Canadians took in thousands of stranded American passengers (and other nationalities) into their holmes when hundreds of planes were grounded while flying over Canadian air-space.

-In 1980, Canadian ambassador, Ken Taylor, spear-headed the rescue of six American diplomats by smuggling them into Switzerland, onto freedom.

-Chronologically speaking, Canada was in WWII before America was (about three years) and granted, although we did have some significant victories against the Nazi scourge, overall we were getting our butts kicked before the Americans were able to push the enemy out of France. Now before you start beating your drums; remember, America didn't really make any significant progress of their own until the Battle of the Bulge.

-Canadian forces were the ones who took and kept Vimy Ridge in WWI when nobody else could.

-Canadian forces members train many American forces members in the art of hand-to-hand combat. Believe it.

-Annually, Canadian Forces members beat American Forces in war games/capture the flag competitions using paint balls. In the last decade, Canada has beaten the U.S. 9-1.

-We have fought side-by-side with the U.S. in almost every war since WWI, with the exception of Vietnam; although there were about 50,000 Canadians who joined the U.S. Army to battle the communists.

-Lastly, remember the War of 1812? Granted, it was a long time ago and it was the only victory Canada has secured against America (unless you count the numerous times we eviscerated you guys in hockey) but that's because it was the only time we were at war versus the U.S, so we're one up on you.

So Ann, although I still love ya, please, lay off Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {