Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Typical Hypocrisy of Democrat Leadership.

Nancy Pelosi (you know, the former Speaker of the House) sure changed her mind pretty quick about the capture or death of Osama bin Laden. Check out what she said on September 7, 2006 when George W. Bush was president:

"[E]ven if [Osama bin Laden] is caught tomorrow, it is five years too late. He has done more damage the longer he has been out there. But, in fact, the damage that he has done … is done. And even to capture him now I don't think makes us any safer."

Here she is Monday, May 2, while Barack Obama is president:

"The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida. … I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment. … [T]he death of Osama bin Laden is historic."

Big difference, huh? I guess now that bin Laden is dead and Obama is the president, it's probably not too late and America is much safer now. I wonder what made her change her little mind?

UPDATE: Boy, I guess I have egg on my face. It seems Ms. Pelosi called the two former presidents that were at war with bin Laden before Obama got his turn. Pelosi called George W. Bush and Bill Clinton to congratulate them and thank them for their efforts in the War on Terror.

I don't care. I still don't like her. Besides, giving credit to two major Democrat leaders in one week is exhausting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #444; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock {